Decherd H. Turner, Jr. “Beautiful Bridwell Library of Southern Methodist U.”The Pioneer,1951.
Rev. Decherd H. Turner, Jr. (1922–2002) served as the director of Bridwell Library from 1950 to 1980. During his three-decade tenure the library building was dedicated (1951) and enlarged (1979), and both collections and staffing increased significantly. In 1980 Turner left SMU to become the director of the Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center at the University of Texas in Austin.