Photograph of the SMU School of Theology
Photograph of the SMU School of Theology faculty, staff, and student body, circa 1940.
This photograph shows the School of Theology faculty and staff seated in the front row, left to right: Kate Cullum Warnick (Librarian), Robert W. Goodloe (church history), Wesley C. Davis (New Testament), Paul A. Root (ethics and sociology of religion), Dean Eugene B. Hawk (homiletics), James Seehorn Seneker (Christian education), John H. Hicks (Old Testament), Fred D. Gealy (Greek, church music, and missions), and Nell Anders (Registrar). The photograph was taken in front of Harper and Annie Kirby Hall, which was built for the School of Theology in 1924. Harper and Annie Kirby Hall was renamed Florence Hall in the 1950s when Perkins School of Theology moved to its present location on campus. Gift of William R. Hicks, 2015.