Archives of the Rio Grande Annual Conference

<a href="/items/browse?advanced%5B0%5D%5Belement_id%5D=50&advanced%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=is+exactly&advanced%5B0%5D%5Bterms%5D=Woman%27s+Society+photo">Woman's Society photo</a>

Southwestern Mexican Conference Woman’s Society of Christian Service photograph, Kerrville, Texas, June 9–13, 1947.

The Rio Grande Annual Conference was a transregional conference of Spanish-speaking United Methodist churches. Originally organized as the Southwest Mexican Conference in 1939 and renamed Rio Grande in 1948, the conference officially closed as a separate administrative entity in 2015.

The Archives of the Rio Grande Annual Conference consist of 170 linear feet of official publications; records of churches, districts, predecessor annual conferences, and conference-related organizations; ministerial papers; photographs; and audiovisual resources. The earliest records are from the 1880s. These materials are managed by the Rio Texas Annual Conference Commission on Archives and History. Bridwell Library has housed the Archives of the Rio Grande Annual Conference since 1985.

Archives of the Rio Grande Annual Conference