Mt. Sequoyah Retreat and Conference Center
Photograph of the Young People’s Leadership Conference, Mt. Sequoyah, 1943.
Located near Fayetteville, Arkansas, Mount Sequoyah Retreat and Conference Center was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1922. Originally called the Western Methodist Assembly, it became a popular summer retreat and faith-based training center serving the needs of the South Central Jurisdiction. At the 2016 Jurisdictional Conference, Mt. Sequoyah became an independent ministry.