Bridwell Library Archive

<a href="/items/browse?advanced%5B0%5D%5Belement_id%5D=50&advanced%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=is+exactly&advanced%5B0%5D%5Bterms%5D=Smith+Outler+Warnick+Photo">Smith Outler Warnick Photo</a>

Photograph of Kate Warnick, Carla Outler, Albert Outler, and Wanda Smith, circa 1970.

SMU’s first theological library operated in Kirby Hall (now known as Florence Hall) from 1925 until 1950. Bridwell Library opened in 1951 as part of the Perkins quadrangle. The library was designed by architect Mark Lemmon and named in honor of benefactor Joseph S. Bridwell.

Occupying approximately six hundred linear feet of shelf space, the Bridwell Library Archive includes the professional papers of former directors and staff members, library publications, archival collections associated with the library’s rare books and manuscripts, and other historical and administrative records.

Bridwell Library Archive